Held at the Sport and Recreation Alliance offices, London

Chairman introduction

First Board meeting held since appointment of new Chairman and Independent Trustees. Introductions held and thanks noted for outgoing Chairman Paul Mainds.

Financial update

  • Discussion held on draft accounts prepared by Haines Watts. Some amends noted by Trustees, SS to make relevant amends as agreed. NP confirmed signing of the accounts subject to noted amends.
  • Action to check Companies House to ensure changes on the Board of Trustees are reflected.
  • Update provided on current cashflow and large costs due to come out early 2019. Detailed cashflow discussion to be taken to the next finance and development committee.
  • Vicky Hope-Walker (VHW) provided an update on current fundraising plans. Action agreed for Trustees to help with their contacts where possible and assist VHW on approaching corporates.
  • Amendment agreed to Finance terms of reference and to appoint RM as Chair of F&D Committee.
  • Discussion held on importance of evaluation and continuing to do this on an ongoing basis and the financial consideration of paying an external evaluator.

Project update (VHW)

  • VHW provided an update on the Project Manager report with a particular focus on fundraising and collections/archives reports.
  • Fundraising noted as a key focus coming into the next few months.
  • VHW provided an update on archives and collections.

Revised Heritage Centre and NSIC plans

  • The meeting was attended by the designer from Mather and Co who presented the revised designs for the new Heritage Centre space. Revised designs well received by Trustees.
  • VHW updated on the National Spinal Injuries Centre which may be slight delayed.

Dates of next Trustee Meeting

  • 27th November 2018, Peter Harrison Room, Stoke Mandeville Stadium, 10am to 12pm.


  • Agreement by Board of Trustees to invite Paul Mainds to be an Honorary Vice President.