We are delighted that you are interested in visiting the National Paralympic Heritage Centre at Stoke Mandeville Stadium. Our Learning Team look forward to working with you to deliver a session that meets the needs of your group. Your visit can include activities such as exploring our unique collection through our Heritage Centre, role plays, exploring learning boxes linked to the core-curriculum, object handling and much more. To find out how much a visit would cost, please fill out the booking form below and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your visit.
• Half day sessions are 90 minute sessions (from £5 per head)
• Full day sessions are 4 hours. If booking a full day, please select both morning and afternoon sessions (from £8 per head).
• Number of adult leaders required, please see our terms and conditions below.
All groups must complete the booking form and read and agree to the Terms and Conditions below before submission of the form.
• All bookings are provisional until a confirmation email has been sent from the National Paralympic Heritage Trust confirming the booking.
• Pre-booking is required for all group visits.
• All bookings must be made at least 4 weeks in advance of the visit.
• Please note that the National Paralympic Heritage Centre is 54sqm in size. Larger groups will be divided into smaller groups and undertake different activities as set out by the session leaders.
• In the event of a cancellation an email must be sent to [email protected] as soon as it becomes apparent a booking is no longer required. Failure to cancel a planned visit may result in you still being charged.
• If a meeting room has been booked for your visit cancellation must be received at least 15 days before your booking otherwise a charge may still be made for the cost of the room.
• In the event that the National Paralympic Heritage Trust has to cancel a booking we will contact you as soon as it becomes apparent a booking cannot take place and endeavour to re-arrange the booking to a mutually convenient alternative date. If the visit was subject to additional charges these charges will inmost cases be waived. However, if the cancellation is due to events outside of the National Paralympic Heritage Trust’s control for example but not limited to a national government lockdown or adverse weather conditions making the site unsafe, we may reserve our right not to refund additional charges. In addition, the National Heritage Trust is not liable for any costs a group may have incurred such as travel costs or parking.
Supervision of Children and Young Adults
• All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The accompanying adult must be over 18.
• It remains the responsibility of the adult to supervise children at all times during a visit and in all parts of the centre, stadium and wider site. The National Paralympic Heritage Trust’s staff or volunteers cannot take responsibility for a child unsupervised at any time during a visit.
• The ratios provided by the visiting group should be 1 supervising adult to 8 children from Year 4 and above, 1:6 for Years 1-3 and at 1:4 for Foundation Stage/SEND. The NPHT is not responsible for providing suitable cover to meet these ratios.
• At the NPHT we are committed to making group visits accessible and enjoyable for all. If anyone in your group requires additional support, please ensure this support is reflected in your ratios. Please be sure to let us know ahead of your visit so we can make any required reasonable adjustments.
Health and Safety and Risk Assessments
• All group bookings must complete their own risk assessment of the centre and surrounding site.
• Pre-visit resources for teachers and group leaders are available on the website. For any additional information or questions please email [email protected] .
• First aid is available via the Stadium reception desk, but groups are encouraged to bring their own first aider with them if possible.
• The Heritage Centre is situated inside a functioning leisure centre. This means there may be some other activities happening on site during your visit.