The National Paralympic Heritage Trust was established on 11th November 2015 to protect and share British Paralympic Heritage.
“We exist to enlighten and inspire future generations by celebrating, cherishing and bringing the Paralympic heritage and its stories of human endeavour to life”.
Over the next 6 years we aim to establish:
- An archive and collection of national and international importance and interest that will be recorded, accessioned, conserved, stored safely and respected globally.
- A website that enables people access to this unique and inspiring resource alongside the ability to share their own stories.
- A Heritage Centre at Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
- Regional hub exhibitions telling local stories.
- A series of small touring exhibitions supporting sporting and heritage events across Britain.
- A creative learning and participation programme will run across all areas of work.
We want to achieve all these things to a high standard of Access and Equality.
We want people to be:
- Keen to learn more (visit the website)
- Motivated to try new things
- Understanding of the benefits of sport whatever your ability
- More aware of access requirements
Above all, we want to change attitudes to disability.